Use the Jira integration to set up an automated issue tracking system.
Jira Software is used by Ops engineers to plan, track, and release projects. Users can manager their CI/CD with Pipelines and monitor build status from within Jira Software.
With Jira and Fylamynt integration users can set up an automated system to track and update issues. Creating issues in real time with incident response activities or steady state management.
The integration between Fylamynt and Jira lets you:
- Create an issue in an existing project.
- Update an existing issue in an existing project.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Jira
- Configure a new integration instance
Details needed to setup Jira instance in Fylamynt:
URL of Jira Account
Follow below step (1 - 7) on your JIRA Account and click on Authorize Fylamynt:
- 1.Jira User (with admin privileges) should navigate to the Jira settings menu and select Products.
- 2.Under INTEGRATIONS in menu, select Application links.
- 4.Fill in Application Name with any name (used for identification, example: fylamynt) and leave Generic Application selected.
- 5.Scroll to the bottom of the form, check Create incoming link, and click Continue.
- 6.For the next page, copy-paste the "Consumer Key", "Consumer Name", and "Public Key" from the Authorize Fylamynt panel, and click Continue.
- 7.In Jira Integration page "Authorize Fylamynt" section, copy the URL of your JIRA account (Example: https://acme.atlassian.net/) and click on Authorize.
- 8.You will be re-directed to your Jira account to “Allow“ access for Fylamynt domain.
You can add these actions in the Fylamynt workflow builder, as part of your workflow.
Integration node to create an issue in Jira.
Select a Jira Project to create a ticket
Select Jira issue type
Add description for Jira issue
Add summary for Jira issue
Select reporter for Jira issue
Select priority for Jira issue
Key of the created Jira issue
- Drag and drop the Jira Create Action node onto the Workflow Editor Canvas
- Select the Action node
- Select the Project Key from the dropdown
- Select the Issue Type from the dropdown
- Enter the Issue Type Summary
- Enter the Issue Type Description
- Optionally, add set the priority
- Optionally, select the Reporter
Integration node to update an existing issue in Jira.
Select a Jira project to fetch issues
Select issue to update
Key of the update Jira issue
- Select a Jira project from the dropdown
- Select the Issue from the list
- Jira issue details of the selected issue
- Select any of the optional parameters to update the Jira issue