Use Amazon EventBridge integration to address events happening in your application.
Amazon EventBridge is a serverless event bus that makes it easier to build event-driven applications at scale using events generated from your applications, integrated Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, and AWS services. Configure routing rule to trigger Fylamynt incident to react to events happening in your application.
The integration between Fylamynt and Amazon EventBridge lets you:
- Trigger a workflow in Fylamynt, when a matching event occurs on an EventBridge rule.
- Create workflows for steady-state management
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Amazon EventBridge
- Configure a new integration instance
Details needed to set up Amazon EventBridge instance in Fylamynt:
Webhook API Key Name
This is needed to store the key of Webhook API key
Webhook API Key Value
API key value for webook
Follow the steps listed below in your Amazon EventBridge Account and get the desired parameters to enter in Fylamynt
- In the Authorize Fylamynt card on the integration settings page, select one of the Webhook API Key Name from the dropdown, and the corresponding Webhook API Key Value will be made visible
- If no options are available for the Webhook API Key Name, first go to Settings --> API Keys --> Manage Keys to Create a New API Key.
- Log in to your AWS account
- Select service Amazon EventBridge
- Select Integrations -> API Destinations
- Click Create API destination
- Create a new API destination named Fylamynt-EventBridge
- Provide the parameters as mentioned below
Where to get value
Name of the EventBridge API destination
API destination endpoint
This endpoint would be called when event triggers
Copy and paste the Amazon EventBridge Webhook URL in the Authorize Fylamynt card on integration settings page
Select the HTTP method used for the invocation endpoint, such as GET, POST etc..
Create a new connection to use for this destination.
Select Create new connection
Enter a name for the connection. The name must be unique for your account and Region
Choose the type of authorization to use to access the API destination
API Key name
Name of the
Value of the API key
Copy and paste the Webhook API Key Value in the Authorize Fylamynt card on integration settings page
- Click Create
- Return to the settings page in Fylamynt and click Authorize.
Create the EventBridge rule
- For the new rule's Target, select API destination
- Select Fylamynt-EventBridge as the API destination
- Click Create
You can add the following actions in the Fylamynt workflow builder, as part of your workflow.
Integration node triggers a workflow from an EventBridge rule with Fylamynt specific alert channel.
When creating a workflow, you are presented with a wizard to select the trigger type to use.
- On the workflow page, select New Workflow
- Enter the name of the Workflow.
- Select the Amazon EventBridge trigger type.
- Click Create Workflow
To automatically run workflows with the Amazon EventBridge trigger, the incident type and assignment need to be configured. Follow the step-by-step instructions provided on the Incident Management - Automatic workflow execution page.