The integration between AWS Health and Fylamynt provides users with the ability to automate remediation for AWS Outages.
AWS Health provides ongoing visibility into your resource performance and the availability of your AWS services. The AWS Health delivers alerts and notifications triggered by changes in the health of AWS resources.
The integration between Fylamynt and AWS Health lets you:
- Trigger a workflow in Fylamynt on a specific AWS Health Alert
- Navigate to Settings -> Integrations -> AWS Health.
Follow the steps listed below on your AWS Account to get the desired parameters to enter in Fylamynt.
- Go to Amazon EventBridge --> Create Rule
- Enter a name for the new rule
- Define pattern:
- Select Event pattern
- Select Pre-defined pattern by service as the Event matching pattern
- Select AWS as the Service Provider
- Select Health as the Service Name
- Select All Events for Event type
- Select event bus:
- Select AWS default event bus
- Select targets:
- Select API destination as the Target
- Select Create a new API destination
- Enter a name for the destination eg. "Fylamynt"
- On the Authorize Fylamynt card on the integration settings page, copy the Webhook URL
- Paste the copied Webhook URL into the API destination endpoint field
- Select Post as the HTTP method
- Select Create a new connection
- Enter a name for the connection
- Select API Key as the Authorization type
- Instructions to get Fylamynt Webhook API Key value:
- On the Authorize Fylamynt card on the integration settings page, choose a Webhook API Key Name from the dropdown, and a corresponding Webhook API Key Value should be provided.
- If no dropdown options are available for the Webhook API Key Name, first go to Settings --> Resources -> API Keys to Create a New API Key.
- Enter x-api-key as the API key name
- On the Authorize Fylamynt card on the integration settings page, copy the Webhook API Key Value
- Paste the copied Webhook API Key Value into the Value field
- Configure input as Matched events
- Create a new role for EventBridge permissions to invoke API destinations
- Leave the default name
- Optionally, add tags
- Click Create
- On the Authorize Fylamynt card on the integration settings page, select Authorize
You can add the following actions in the Fylamynt workflow builder, as part of your workflow.
The integration node triggers the automatic execution of a workflow from a combined selection of an AWS Health Service, Event Type Category, and Event Type Code.
When creating a workflow, you are presented with a wizard to select the trigger type to use.
- On the workflow page, select New Workflow
- Enter the name of the Workflow.
- Select the AWS Health trigger type.
- Click Create Workflow
To automatically run workflows with the AWS Health Alert trigger, the incident type and assignment need to be configured. Follow the step-by-step instructions provided on the Incident Management - Automatic workflow execution page.